Humboldt Broncos making progress rebuilding for the 2018-19 SJHL season
June 15, 2018 – Humboldt, SK
The Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ hockey club has been humbled and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of applicants for the club’s Head Coach and General Manager position. Due to the number of applications received, it is taking longer than anticipated to complete the vetting and hiring process.
“We are thrilled with the exceptional experience, background and competencies of all of the candidates who have applied, and because of that level of interest, and given the complexity of the situation, we are committed to taking the necessary steps to ensure that we select the very best person,” said Humboldt Broncos’ president Kevin Garinger. “The successful candidate will have the skills, abilities, knowledge and personal attributes to lead our organization into the next season, and we are prepared to take the additional time required to get there.”
Meanwhile, the Humboldt Broncos’ hockey operations team, led by our Assistant General Manager, Chief Scout, Assistant Coach, and our team of regional scouts have:
- held an invite-only free agent camp attended by 120 players, supported by Mike Babcock and Jared Bednar, after which several players were signed to the club;
- successfully executed the 2018-2019 SJHL Bantam Draft, where the club selected six players;
- selected 10 players as part of the SJHL dispersal draft;
- continued working on filling the Broncos’ expanded 55 player list;
- continued to plan an August training camp;
- begun planning the 2018-2019 exhibition season.
“As we undertake the monumental task of rebuilding our team, one of our main priorities remains, as it has from the very beginning, on supporting our families,” said Garinger. “We appreciate the interest in our organization and the support we continue to receive from across the globe.”